Sunday, January 30, 2011

Midterm Blog Journal # 1: This is My Moment

December 17, 2010, Friday is a very memorable day of my internship life. I am reporter on this day. Believe it or not. I was with a video journalist Mr. Jun Solon. The moment when Mr. Albert Aballe informed me that I'll be going on the field I was really shocked and truly in a state of disbelief. This is my chance to apply the theories I've learned in school. I am nervous and hesitant. The people in the newsroom were very supportive. Around the 2:00 PM we left the station on our way to the Cebu Provincial Police Office in order to witness the muzzle taping of CPPO Officials' firearms.

           As part of their campaign against indiscriminate firing during the holidays and over 70 police officers had cooperated. No police officer was exempted from having the muzzle of his or her firearm taped. What's even more shocking, CPPO Director Erson Digal asked met to muzzle his .45 pistol and signed it. I was indeed hesitant to accept the favor. But with the confirmation from other media practitioners who were also present and the approval of Sir Solon, I represent the media. By the way, this was an exclusive story for Balitang Bisdak since no shadow of a reporter from TV Patrol Central Visayas. It's an ecstatic feeling mixed with excitement and fear ran through my veins. It was truly an honor for me having chosen by a high rank police official and able to hold and signed his pistol. Things just really come unexpectedly. To God be the Glory!

           Digal then taped and signed the firearms of Supt. Eduardo Saavedra, CPPO deputy director for administration and Supt. Teofilo Siclot, deputy director for operation. Digal urged the public to report any police officer who fires his service or private firearms. He also announced that his constituents will be receiving P850 as Christmas bonus from the funds of the Provincial Office and a half sack of rice from his pocket during their upcoming Christmas party.

No comments:

Post a Comment